Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Below
Job Title: Intensive Care Unit & High Dependency Unit Nurse
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Matron in charge
- To assist clients restore their health and wellbeing in the ICU / HDU. This role is available in our Ikoyi facility.
Summary Of Responsibilities
- Implementing Nursing care plan for patients in the ICU/HDU.
- Close observation and monitoring of patients’ vital signs and general well being with necessary follow up.
- Managing and ensuring that life support equipment such as ventilators, syringe pumps and feeding tubes function properly.
- Performing such tasks as medication administration and inserting catheters.
- Maintains concise and complete records and reports.
- Provide health education and support to the patient and their relatives .
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment always.
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies / adherence to quality standards.
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals
- Reduced mortality and morbidity in the ICU.
- Nursing care plan and assessment implementation.
- Incidence reporting and adequate documentation.
- Use of SOPS / adherence to quality standards.
- Nursing Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in General Nursing (ICU nursing Diploma and experience is an added advantage)
- Post Basic Nursing Diploma.
- Valid nursing practicing license.
- 2 – 4 years experience in a related role is desired.
- Basic Life Support skills.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use life support equipment.
- I CARE attitude.
- Attention to details and empathetic.
- Good interpersonal and communication Skills.
- Ability to handle stress and crisis situations.