Job Title: Consultant Family Physician / Hospitalist
- The Family Physician / Hospitalist reports directly to the Medical Director, will be responsible for providing excellent in-house patient care.
- The incumbent will be responsible for patients’ routine check-ups as well as emergency and non-emergency medical situations that arise; undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits.
- The Family Physician is also responsible for managing the entire treatment process for in-patients and recommending treatment plans, recording medical histories, and updating information for existing patient records with the most recent findings.
- The duties of the family physician / Hospitalist include; conducting routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues; giving appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene, etc.), and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Responsibilities will also include, conducting examinations on ill patients and evaluating symptoms to determine their condition as well as referring patients to specialists or surgeons where necessary.
- Develop a personal relationship with patients.
- Provide excellent patient care for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health conditions and discover possible issues.
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene, etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Conduct examinations to patients and evaluate symptoms to determine patients’ conditions.
- Ask intuitive questions to discover the causes of illness.
- Take patient medical histories.
- Create and recommend treatment plans.
- Order laboratory tests and interpret lab test results to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities.
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration.
- Collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants, and nurses to form a high-performing medical team.
- Examine and provide treatments for injuries and refer patients to specialists where needed.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history.
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations, or other significant information (e.g, allergic episodes) on Medicplus.
- Respond to patient’s questions and concerns about their health care and well-being.
- Discuss proper nutrition, hygiene, and self-care with patients to promote good health.
- Make use of patient health data in medical analysis.
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients.
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars.
- Conducts routine staff screening.
- Develops and broadens the scope of the family medicine services.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- 3 – 10 years work experience.
- Must have a Post Graduate / Residency qualification in Family Medicine.
- Fellowship of any of the relevant colleges with family medicine sub-specialization e.g, FWACP, FMCP, or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven experience as a Family Physician. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics.
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms, and epidemiology.
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medical best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Alternatively, interested and qualified candidates can send their CV and Cover Letter to:
using the Position Title as the subject of the mail.