- As a field-based (70-80% of the time) medical function, the Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) provides scientific expertise, build knowledge and activity-based relationships with Key Opinion Leaders to advance medical practice and research for the benefit of the society, thus enhancing Pfizer’s image in the scientific community across the West Africa markets (Nigeria and Ghana). The MSL reports to the Senior Medical Manager, Hospital.
- To actively contribute to the organization/business by taking responsibility for the scientific, technical, and ethical soundness of all policies, statements, and endeavors.
- To provide high-quality and timely service in the areas of Interactions with Healthcare Professionals, Continuing Medical Education, Clinical Research, Sales Force Training, and business support in the areas of New Product Development, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Standards, and Business Technology.
- The role will act as a critical interface with identified scientific leaders and will build regional, national, or international relationships to contribute to the understanding of diseases, research and scientific trends, clinical practice guidelines, and treatment patterns in areas relevant to our business.
INTERACTIONS / ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal (Marketing – Sales – Regulatory – Clinical Research –PR–HR– Medical Information – legal- IIR Global Team “where applicable”, Medical Quality & Compliance)
- External (KOLs, Speakers, Decision Makers, Local Medical Societies, MOH)
Main Responsibilities / Duties
- To provide medical and scientific information to healthcare professionals in response to their specific requests for Pfizer to present, orally or otherwise, clinical data about marketed products and important scientific information on new products, or those in development
- To liaise with healthcare professionals in order to effectively communicate and manage drug safety issues emanating from the region or of a national or international nature
- To develop and maintain medical and scientific partnerships with healthcare professionals
- To provide geographical focus and customer knowledge and insights, as members of the Medical and Scientific Affairs team, to the development of the in-country clinical plan and to feed into above-country and global clinical plan (for marketed products as well as for those in development)
- To support study and site feasibilities led by the clinical research team so as to ensure effective implementation of clinical plan as well as to develop effective relationships with a strong network of local clinicians and researchers
- To support in the identification of and subsequent interaction with investigators for expanded access programs for drugs during the pre-approval phase; to support Medical and/or Scientific Advisers in the design and implementation of named patient supply in accordance with Regulations and Pfizer policy
- To review & approve Pfizer meeting content, promotional materials, and grants based on merits and scientific content. He/she provides the needed FCPA reviews and supports the teams with necessary advice and trainings
For Cross-Divisional Networks
To develop and maintain ongoing cross-functional working relationships with Pfizer colleagues within the in-country, above-country, and global oncology organisation
Required Skill Set
- University degree in Medicine
- 1-3 years experience
- Prior experience in Infectious Disease is preferred
- Excellent and proven scientific and technical expertise
- Industry experience or knowledge, commercial appreciation
- Knowledge of relevant codes of practice
- Knowledge of health economics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of interaction at a highly scientific and technical level e.g. Specialist level
- Proven self-starters, good planners, and implementers, with experience in influencing others without authority and thinking analytically
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.