PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Pharmacy Technician, under the supervision of the Head of Pharmacy will be responsible for handling patients’ drug dispensation while maintaining pharmacy safety protocols and documenting all dispensed items in the pharmacy systems. The incumbent will collaborate with other Pharmacy staff with all enthusiasm and loyalty.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Assist the Pharmacist in the preparation of and distribution of medications
· Maintain Pharmacy Records in a manner that conforms with the laws and regulations of the hospital as well as pharmacy policies and procedures.
· Receiving and verifying patient’s prescriptions
· Ensuring availability of drugs by keeping track records pharmacy stock
· Ensure confirmation of payment before drugs dispensation
· Provide assistance in various functions of the Pharmacy
· Proficiency in performing laboratory inventory.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- ND in Pharmacy Technician
- Current Annual Practicing License
- Good Team Player
- Experience in molecular laboratory testing
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- 3+ years proven experience as a Laboratory Scientist
- Computer knowledge is mandatory
- Ability to work under pressure
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Strong leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with a large team
· Able to work efficiently under time constraints
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Closing Date: 31st December, 2021.