Job Purpose: Responsible for all aspects of medical patient care services provided by the hospital. Directly responsible for clinical governance and performance to ensure that quality medical service is delivered to clients and all operations are in compliance with all Ministry of Health regulations.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Participates as a key member of the organization’s Management Team to develop and maintain a strategic plan for the controlled growth, expansion, and/or development of clinical programs and, solve existing and anticipated organizational problems; and formulate and/or revise policies that will enhance the achievement of the organization’s goals.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the clinical services units and sets the direction for their areas of responsibility to align with the overall clinical division
- Monitor and control actual financial performance of the unit against planned business and budgetary targets and ensure eventual profitability of the business unit at the end of the financial
- Manage administrative responsibilities such as clinical budget/finance management, and personnel management for clinical
- Negotiate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) on behalf of the clinical service function with service providers
- Participate in the recruitment of qualified clinical staff including interviewing and recommendation for
- Monitor and assist with the new-hire orientation process to ensure consistency in training among all clinical providers.
- Ensure medical services and operations are in compliance with all applicable regulatory and licensing agencies.
- Assess all matters of clinical compliance and provide timely recommendations for corrective action and quality
- Provide overall direction and coordination of continuing medical education, training, and support for health care
- Execute and participate in community outreach programs
Participate in the development of the department’s budget
- Works predominantly within a comfortable office
- Travel is as required by the role
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Medical degree in primary care speciality or field of practice
- M.C.G.P.; F.R.C.G.P.; F.W.A.C.P. (General Medical Practice); D.A.B. in Family Medicine.
- A.C.P.; F.M.C.P.; F.R.A.C.P.; F.R.C.P.; F.R.C.P. [C]; F.W.A.C.P. [Internal Medicine]; D.A.B. in Internal Medicine.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- License to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association (MDCN license).
Work experience required
- Ten (10) years and above medical practice experience with three (3) years progressive work experience in administrative-management positions within a primary health care environment
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related to health centre licensing and operations including legal/regulatory, administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues, especially within an established and structured hospital environment is required
Functional Skills: Behavioural Competencies/Attributes:
- Well developed analytical skills
- Staying current in healthcare technology advancements
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, stand for extended periods of time during ward rounds and surgeries.
- Maintain composure while working under stressful and high-pressure conditions while dealing with serious patients and coordinating the medical service’s functions
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the highest level of confidentiality
- Good stamina and empathy for patients
- Good communication skills and self-discipline.