The next Assessment Examination of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria is scheduled to hold from Wednesday 23rd November to Thursday 24th November 2022 at the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto, Sokoto State.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The examination shall be for candidates trained in ALL Countries (other than Nigeria) and whose training institutions are currently listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (www.wdoms.org); and for Nigeria-trained doctors that either failed to complete their internship within twenty-four months of graduation or those whose medical/dental schools have lost their accreditations.
- Candidates must hold medical/dental degrees of approved medical and dental training institutions that shall be verified by Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC).
- Candidates must show evidence of eligibility to practice medicine/dentistry in the Country of training. A current practising license and a Certificate of Good Standing from the Country’s medical/dental regulatory authority (not from the Training Institution) shall be required.
- EXAMINATION FORMAT: The examination shall consist of:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) covering all aspects of Basic and Clinical Sciences in Medicine and Dentistry.
- Short Answer Questions (for medical candidates only).
- Long Essay Questions (for medical candidates only).
- Clinical Examination comprising Long and Short Cases or Objectives Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
- Practical/Clinical Examination in Restorative Dentistry, Oral Surgery and Child Dental Health etc. (for Dental candidates only).
- Practical Examination which may include such items as identification of instruments, specimens, interpretation of slides, radiographs and laboratory investigations.
- Oral Examination (Viva voce).
English Language paper for non-English speaking graduates from medical/dental schools whose language of instruction is not English.
- NON REFUNDABLE REGISTRATION AND EXAMINATION FEES
- Nigerian Citizens – N 130,000.00
- Non-Nigerian Citizens – N 205,000.00
- Other charges (Dental materials for dental candidates only) – N25,000.00
- ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS/REGISTRATION /PAYMENT
Applicants are to register by completing online forms and make payment through: https://portal.mdcn.gov.ng/assessment-exam
- REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
- Evidence of verification of credentials by EPIC with the report sent directly to MDCN.
- Evidence of payment of required fees to the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Photocopies of all relevant academic qualifications i.e GCE/SSCE/NECO (Five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings), medical/dental degree certificates.
- Relevant portions of International Passport (Visa & Departure pages).
- Two recent, colour passport-size photographs.
- Birth certificate or statutory declaration of age.
- Current practising license/evidence of eligibility to practice medicine/dentistry in the Country of training, issued by the Medical/Dental Regulatory Authority (MRA) in that country.
- Certificate of Good Standing from the MRA should be sent directly to MDCN.
- Closing date for submission of application forms for new candidates is six weeks from the date of this publication, i.e. 4th November 2022
- All applications with supporting documents must reach the Office of the Registrar at the address above or any of our Zonal offices not later than the stated closing date (4th November 2022).
- INELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION
- Medical/Dental students yet to be fully released by their Universities need not apply.
- Applicants without all required credentials.
- Applicants from medical/dental schools not listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS).
- MDCN will not organise remedial course for the purpose of this examination. Candidates are however at liberty to approach any accredited Teaching Hospital, for the same purpose, except the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto, Sokoto State where the clinical examination will hold.
- Medical Candidates are required to come with their individual Stethoscope, Diagnostic set, Patella Hammer and Tape Rule while Dental Candidates are required to come with their individual Mouth mirror, Probes, Tweezers etc.
Candidates will be informed of the venue of the CBT part of the examination before the date of the examination.
MDCN Zonal Offices:
(i) No.25, Ahmed Onibudo Street, Victoria Island ,
P.M.B.12611, Lagos, Lagos State.
- No. 2, Ridgeway Road, Opposite Dream FM, Off Okpara Avenue GRA, Enugu, Enugu State.
- Plot 3, Unguwan Gwari Crescent, Kawo (Zaria Road), Kaduna, Kaduna State.
- No. 13, Peter Tokula Street, GRA, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Federal Secretariat Complex, Malamure Road, Jimeta, Yola, Adamawa State