DIOCESAN HOSPITAL VACANCY – Medical Doctor
Who are we
Gift Health Plus (GHP) Foundation is a humanitarian non-governmental/non-profit organization whose mission is to provide high quality medical care with dignity and compassion to rural communities in Nigeria. GHP operates Diocesan Hospital, Obohia Mbaise in partnership with Diocese of Mbaise, Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion.
Diocesan hospital, Obohia Mbaise was founded on Christian tenets and is run as a mission hospital. It is a 20-bed health facility equipped to provide a full range of healthcare services including primary care, maternity and minor surgeries. It has a fully functional optometry clinic providing optical and optometric services. In addition, it has a medical diagnostic laboratory as well as ultrasound diagnostic services.
Email your resume/CV and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Indicate “Diocesan Hospital vacancy – Medical Doctor” on the subject line.
We are recruiting to fill the position below (For immediate employment)
Job title: Medical Doctor (Physician /Medical Officer)
Location: Diocesan Hospital, Obohia Mbaise, Imo State
Employment type: Full-time
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medicine (MBBS degree preferred)
- Currently licensed (or eligible) by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- 3 years of experience practicing as a medical doctor, post NYSC (or exemption year)
- Provides direct primary care medical services to patients in addition to formulation and implementation of appropriate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Surgical skills and experience required
- Full time residence within the premises of the hospital (free accommodation & amenities provided)
- Fully responsible for delivery of care at hospital
- Participates in regularly scheduled outreach programs
- Serves as team leader for staff for purposes of clinical problem solving
- Maintain effective working relationships with all employees and department needs.
- Works closely with operations manager for effective management of hospital
- Must be self-initiating and adaptable with ability to communicate to all staff members and stakeholders
- Must be able to work and problem solve independently
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills including computer literacy.
- Must be highly organized and have high attention to detail.
- Knowledge in health management and service delivery including current trends in global best practices.
- Cultural competence with poverty level population lifestyles and patient education skills
- Ability to forge relationship with patients and resources agencies
- Health insurance: DHM cover the cumulative cost of medical expenses at our facility for yourself, spouse and 3 previously designated dependents, up to 50% of your basic salary per year. Immediate coverage on hire.
- Accommodation: Adequate on-site residence with running water and stand-by electricity provided
- Official car: Use of hospital vehicle for official duties
- Annual leave: Up to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days per month, after successful completion of 90-day probationary period
- Life insurance: DHM will pay 50% of monthly premiums of life insurance up to 2% of basic annual salary.