Company: Glasgow Smith Kline
Site Name: Field Worker – NGA
Posted Date: Apr 11 2022
Exciting Opportunity for a Medical Representative awaits in GSK!
As a Medical Representative, you will be responsible for implementing current GSK sales strategy through sales call on all classes of customers as defined in the marketing plan. You will also comply with HCP engagement guidelines in line with global compliance practices.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Implement current strategies in promoting GlaxoSmithKline products to Healthcare Professionals through planned execution of Sales and Marketing activities to achieve set objectives.
- Develop and execute sales business plan for GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical products within an assigned territory in accordance with approved marketing strategies ensuring that visits are in line with the full potential of the customer and territory.
- Drive sales growth and market share objectives for designated products in assigned territory through optimal sales activity.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate, solve problems creatively, demonstrate high integrity, focus on the customer (Healthcare professionals) and ensure advocacy for GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical products.
- Keep up to date with the latest approved clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with healthcare professionals
- Use currently approved marketing support materials appropriately to influence Healthcare professionals prescribing habits leveraging Patient Focused Selling Skills.
- Carry out all activities in accordance with GSK Values, Commercial Ethics Code and appropriate SOPs.
- Ensure good care of assets allocated for use in performing role and effectively use annual expenditure budget to maximize return on investment
- Timely completion of key administrative tasks as required by Line manager
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, follow up on every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Use Veeva CRM as a tool for documentation of all interactions
- Align priorities with company short term and long-term commercial strategy
- Apply right combination of GSK strategy and market knowledge to optimize accessibility of our products to the patients for their utmost benefit.
- Contribute towards own performance by identifying development areas and discuss improvement plans with Manager.
- Act as an inspirational colleague for the team and contribute ideas and actions to ensure positive competition within team
- Contributes to the improvements of sales processes and workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy
- Registered with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
- Fluency in English
- Completion of the mandatory NYSC with discharge or exemption certificate
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, together with problem solving and organization skills.
- Ability to work successfully under pressure both independently and within a team
- Have a strong analytical approach and be able to effectively collect, collate and use data to enhance and improve business results
- Communication skill
- Selling and Negotiation skill
- Presentation skill
- IT literacy
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willing to work in any part of the country
- Selling experience as a medical representative in the pharmaceutical industry will be an added advantage
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.