Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards to the people of Nigeria.
Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with 6 healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospitals accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited.
The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2014, and 2017. This is a guarantee of safe and quality healthcare that meets international standards.
Recently, Lagoon Hospitals received her Certificate of Re-accreditation from JCI.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Below
Job Position: Radiographer
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Report To: Chief Radiographer
This role is responsible for producing quality diagnostic images that will assist clinicians in patient management.
Contacts: Internal – All employees; External – Patients, clients, patients’ relatives, suppliers.
Summary Of Responsibilities
- Set up examinations rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready.
- Operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images for diagnostic purposes.
- Review and evaluation of developed x-rays, video tape, or computer generated information to determine suitability for diagnostic purposes.
- Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances.
- Participate at the Hospitals’ CME’s and quality improvement activities.
- Comply with the use of standard operating procedures and policies.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physicians.
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during procedure.
- Collaborate with other medical team members, (physicians and nurses), to conduct special procedures.
- Operate mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient’s bedside.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of self and patients’.
- Liaise and work with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients.
- Prepare and administer oral or injected contrast media to patients.
- Operate fluoroscope to aid physician to view and guide through area of interest during surgery.
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals
Patient positioning and immobilization on examining table.
Imaging equipment positioning and adjustment of controls to set exposure time and distance, according to the specification of examination.
Ability to key commands and data into computer to document and specify scan sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Radiology or its equivalent.
- Registration with the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria with valid practicing license.
- 1 year experience in a related role.
- Computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of x-ray equipments, including fluoroscopy and mobile units.
- Working knowledge of CT Scanner.
Click ➡ HERE to Apply by filling and submitting the Google form.
Application Deadline: 24 March, 2021.
Ensure that you cross check your information before submitting.
Seniority Level: Entry level
Industry: Medical DevicesMedical PracticeHospital & Health Care
Employment type: Full-time
Job Functions: Health Care Provider