This role of this ophthalmologist is responsible for treating all eye illnesses, diseases, injuries and other eye conditions. He/she will perform vision test, prescribe corrective lenses and attend to all surgical eye issues both in children and adults.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role include:
- Provide routine care such as vision testing, prescription of glasses and contact lenses.
- Diagnose and treat all eye diseases in children and adult.
- Performing advanced surgical procedures such as repair of eye injuries, corneas and removal of cataracts.
- Treating medical disorders that affect the vision.
- Using therapeutic procedures and performing biopsies.
- Renewed glasses if necessary.
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors.
- Communicate with patients regarding surgeries, follow-up care, tests and procedures.
- Coordinate the delivery of eyewear products to customers according to specified guidelines.
- Educate patients on how to use the various eye wears especially contact lenses.
- Advise patients on lens and frame selections.
- Manage the administrative requirements of the clinic and patient care including planning and budgeting activities for the clinic.
- Supervise and manage staff and nurses in the department.
- Adhere to all Lily Hospital policies and procedure with reference to best clinical practice.
- Promote health education in conjunction with other health professionals.
- Perform other duties as assigned to you by senior leadership
Health and Safety
- Participate in clinical audit and quality programs as appropriate.
- Ensure consistent and accurate medical record keeping practices.
- Ensure proper credentialing of all patients before going to the theatre for surgery.
- Comply with all the provisions of Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum academic qualification of a Fellowship degree from the West African College of Surgeons or National Postgraduate medical college or relevant qualification.
- 3 – 5 years relevant cognate work experience as an ophthalmologist.
- Membership of Nigeria Medical Association
- Member Ophthalmology society of Nigeria both local and national.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details
Interested candidates should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.