Job Title: Dentist
Job Location: Delta, Nigeria
Company: Lily Hospitals
About Lily Hospitals
Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). Also we are consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
At Lily hospitals, we are consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko etc.
Lily Hospitals offers patient-centred and technology-driven healthcare services in:
Gynaecology, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Orthopaedics, IVF, Surgery, Physiotherapy, Family Medicine, Radiology/Medical Imaging, Urology, Dematology, Gastroenterology, Optometry, Dietician, Accident & Emergency, Internal Medicine, Counselling, Nutrition & Dietetics, Occupational Health, Endocrinology, Pulmonology, Geriatrics
- We are looking to hire a Dentist to diagnose and advise our patients on various dental issues.
- The ideal candidate will promote good oral health and help patients apply dental care.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The Key Result Areas Of This Role Are
- To provide quality medical care to patients under the supervision of the HOD, Consultants and other senior medical staff.
- Performing administrative duties and risk management.
- Examine patients’ medical records
- Check teeth, gums and other parts of the mouth, along with X-rays and tests, to diagnose dental problems
- Prepare patients for treatment (e.g. by applying oral sedation or anaesthesia)
- Identify tooth decay and replace cavities with fillings.
- Clean teeth and remove plaque
- Prescribe medications as needed
- Educate patients on proper mouth cleaning techniques, flossing and fluoride use
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position
- Candidate must be licensed to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association of Nigeria.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery.
- Must have1 – 3 years’ experience as a medical officer.
- Candidates must be Knowledgeable in General Medicine and other related areas of medical practice.
- Must have valuable sympathetic bedside manners, strong active listening skills and advanced problem-solving abilities while being able to work in a team.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure and self-discipline.
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2023.