Cedarcrest Hospitals is a Private Multispecialty Hospital Group with Headquarters in Gudu Abuja. It was established with a vision to provide patient centric proactive and reactive healthcare with excellence in quality, service and access in all major cities of Nigeria andbeyond.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Below
Job Title: Family Physician
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Family Physician who reports directly to the Head of Medicine, will be responsible for providing high-quality medical care by examining patients and treating diseases. The incumbent will be responsible for patients’ routine check-ups as well as non-emergency medical situations that arise; undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health conditions and discover possible issues.
- Take emergency calls, admit and manage in patients as well as running outpatient clinic
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene, etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine patients’ conditions.
- Ask intuitive questions to discover the causes of illness.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history.
- Prescribe and interpret lab test results to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities.
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration.
- Collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants, and nurses to form a high performing medical team.
- Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer patients to specialists where needed (ophthalmologist, orthopedist, neurologist, etc.).
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations, or other significant information (e.g, allergic episodes) on Helium plus.
- Make use of patient health data in medical analysis.
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients.
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars.
- Do ward round for medical patients.
- Perform any other additional tasks assigned you.
- Responsible for personal career development and keeping abreast with the latest knowledge and research in your field.
- Seeing patients on emergency basis depending on specialty required
- Performing surgical procedures that commensurate with Family Medicine surgical competency.
- Keep your medical practicing licenses current and your file updated with the HR office annually
- Understand and adhere to the reporting/escalation lines. Head of Department →Medical Director
- Pursue personal research and publishing of your own work within ethical bounds. A target of at least 2 annual publications is desirable
- Providing comprehensive medical services for family members, regardless of age or sex, on a continuing basis.
- This role reports to the Head of Medicine.
Education, Certification And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- 5 – 7 years work experience.
- Must have a Post Graduate / Residency qualification in Family Medicine.
- Proven experience as a Family Physician.
- Must have a Current Practicing License
- Fellowship of National Postgraduate Medical College or West African College in relevant subspecialty or its equivalent
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics.
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms, and epidemiology.
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medical best practices.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Respect for patient’s confidentiality.
- Compassionate and approachable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the email.