African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE)- Abuja- Chief Medical Officer
Are you looking for a new, exciting and challenging opportunity to expand your portfolio of expertise? We would like to invite an experienced Chief Medical Officer to join our ground breaking healthcare facility in Nigeria, West Africa!
African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) has announced the commencement of its African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) project in Abuja, Nigeria. It will provide excellent care to both low and high-income patient groups across the continent. The AMCE in Partnership with King’s College Hospital London will be located in Abuja, which is a hub for travel in Nigeria and West Africa, enabling it to attract patients across the region.
We are looking for an ambitious Chief Medical Officer to join our senior leadership team, to work closely with the Chief Executive, to provide strategic leadership, and influence and shape the delivery of outstanding Medical care across the AMCE and ensuring that the organisation is best placed to deliver the highest quality of care, meeting the expectations of patients, carers, commissioners and the wider system.
The Ideal Candidate
Pioneers new ways of working, act as a figurehead and dynamic reference point as well as promote the ‘best of care by the best of people’.
Leads on the promotion, innovation and transformation of clinical services and pathways using information and technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides dynamic managerial and clinical leadership to the medical profession in the AMCE and plays a major role in building high calibre, high performing, and multidisciplinary clinical teams.
- Appoints, creates and develops a strong clinical leadership team that are able to support the AMCE’s needs to achieve clinic effectiveness and supports the AMCE’s financial plans.
- Provides exemplary leadership to the development of academic and research activities in the AMCE, works closely with King’s College Hospital London [KCH].
- Leads in shaping the policies and strategies for developing and transforming medical practice throughout the AMCE.
- Ensures that clinical objectives are achieved in line with the AMCE’s Clinical Service Strategy and operational priorities.
- Undertakes the role of “Caldicott Guardian” (or similar) to ensure the highest levels of confidentiality and security for patient identifiable information are maintained.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of education
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent specialist medical qualification
- Member/Fellow of appropriate medical Royal College/ Higher degree or diploma (e.g., MD, PhD or equivalent)
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development, including development as a leader
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) or equivalent.
- Accommodation Allowance
- Annual Flight allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Health insurance
- Indemnity insurance
- Exclusive Memberships
- Potential applicants must have passion and drive to ensure that the AMCE, Abuja aspires to the same standards King’s College Hospital is renowned for.
If you feel you are suitable for this role and the prospects of joining a truly groundbreaking facility excites you, please contact Natasha Elliott for a confidential conversation or email your CV and covering letter to
Senior Recruitment Specialist,
King’s Commercial Services
#Medical Officer Job In Nigeria