First-line Sales Manager At AstraZeneca Job Description
This job position is for a first-line sales manager at AstraZeneca.
AstraZeneca is looking for candidates with expertise in, and passion for science working with private and public healthcare. You would join a fast-expanding team and work as a first-line Sales Manager. If this suits you, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
About AstraZeneca Pharmaceutical Company And Careers
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven Biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Taking a job here is rewarding because at AstraZeneca, we are dedicated to being a Great Working environment for our employees. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development.
About AstraZeneca Medical Sales Representative Jobs In Lagos Nigeria
Our field teams remain one of the most important units in our business structure. We believe in employing and retaining a diverse and inclusive team of forward-looking professionals who are keen and committed to business and personal growth.
See Similar Job Roles For AstraZeneca Nigeria
AstraZeneca Nigeria is a diverse team of highly engaging and performing talents based out of different geographies in Nigeria. We play by the rules as well as drive a high sense of ownership and accountability, all anchored on a united sense of purpose.
AstraZeneca First Line Sales Manager Job Expectations
- The successful candidate would lead a new, exciting, and growing team that would be at the forefront of Diabetes & Oncology leadership in Nigeria.
- You will be responsible for leading new exciting therapies that would positively impact the lives of many more Nigerians.
- If you believe in putting patients first, have a coach-like mindset, are a life-long learner, a listener, and understand the best work is done together, you could be a good fit.
Areas Of Focus For AstraZeneca First Line Sales Manager Job In Lagos, Nigeria
The first line sales manager will be a:
- Team Coach
- Appoint, build and maintain a first-class cohesive sales team and provide ongoing motivation.
- Agree on Sales Rep’s roles, performance criteria, objectives, and standards of work execution and monitor performance on an ongoing basis.
- Foster the development of individuals with the appropriate level of needs analysis, coaching, and support.
- Ensure the coaching process is firmly entrenched and coaching plans are effectively implemented:
- Assess sales reps against Leadership Selling best practices.
- Identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Coach sales reps on Leadership Selling and submit coaching plans and reports.
- Plan career and succession paths; formulate and action tailored Individual Development Plans (IDP) that underpin employee development and growth and are aligned to AZ Values.
- Implement appropriate recognition and incentive schemes to align the team with company goals and drive performance.
- Facilitate departmental and interdepartmental collaboration, participation, communication, and support to maximize performance.
- Develop Territory Action Plan (TAP)
- Target customers (based on brands promoted and strength of existing relationships with AstraZeneca) & assess business opportunities, the regional selling environment & brand campaigns.
- Adjust territory call plans and create rep call plans aligned to the segmentation and targeting exercise, team resources and capabilities, and company requirements.
- Develop and implement a territory action plan (TAP) that reflects the focused analysis and the longer-term objectives for priority product ranges within AstraZeneca’s business strategy.
- Allocate appropriate resources across sub-territories and customer groups and prioritize actions based on sales impact, national segmentation, and targeting; ensuring all actions are aligned to the Pharma Code.
- Work collaboratively with the Brand Manager, KAMs, and RSMs of the Business Unit.
- Drive performance through successfully communicating the territory action plan as agreed by defining actions to build individual and team capabilities.
- Manage and Achieve Territory Action Plan
- Ensure that objectives and standards of performance are understood and owned by Sales Representatives in the team.
- Engage customers in the development of solutions; seek to understand underlying issues/needs and proactively engage the customer in the identification of solutions.
- For sales targets, budget, KPI’s and C-Smart actions.
- Assess the performance against targets.
- Explain the gap and root cause.
- Act decisively and quickly based on analysis of data, take corrective actions/ provide support as required to achieve targets.
- Ensure proper management of resources creating maximum return through continuous monitoring and analysis; adapt the plan as required.
- Continuously seek input from the cross-functional team and incorporate diverse views into decisions and proposals.
- Maintain administrative systems and control
- Effectively use tools and data for monitoring and controlling the region’s performance against business plan and budget including:
- Sales reporting.
- SFE/KPI control.
Manage Veeva requirements:
- Logging of calls.
- Accuracy and currency of data.
- Ensure team members meet all admin requirements e.g. expense reports, EI forms, and other admin requirements.
- Report as required on territory action plan implementation and budget spend and take corrective action as required.
- If this sounds appealing, please read on to understand the experience and skills we’re looking for…
Essential Skills And Experience Required?
- This job is for a Registered Pharmacist (B. Pharm/PharmD) or a 1st Degree holder in Basic Sciences.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, budget management, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of working experience in the commercial pharmaceutical industry with management experience.
- Previous exposure and/or experience in other functional areas of the business such as Sales Training, Operations, Brand Team, or Managed Markets.
Why Is It Great To Work For AstraZeneca, Nigeria?
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and is always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Join the fastest growing pharmaceutical in our markets, set up to fuel further growth. Be part of our shared ambition and pride: our strong heritage, our turnaround story, and early investment and commitment in International markets. There’s no better place to feel inspired and energized.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Click the application link at the end of the job post to apply no later than 25 January 2022 and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
AstraZeneca Medical Sales Representative Nigeria Salary
N264k is the average AstraZeneca salary for a mid-level medical representative in Nigeria. This data is from an employee at AstraZeneca. This data was obtained the year the research was made. It is important to note that the values are subject to improvement as the years pass by.
AstraZeneca Company’s Contact?
Do you inquire about the First Line Sales Manager job role? Contact AstraZeneca through their media platforms below.
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
Application Closing Date: 25/01/2022
Seniority level: Associate
Industry: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Employment type: Full-time
Job functions: Sales, Business Development
Sales manager job
First-line sales manager
Sales manager job in Lagos
Medical sales representative
Sales job in Lagos
Pharmaceutical sales job in Nigeria
7 thoughts on “Sales Manager Job In Lagos, Nigeria At AstraZeneca”