Medical Officer (1-3)
Clinical Services / Medical
Practice and QA Manager
Job Grades and Salary
Medical Officer 1 – B4 – MBBS,MbChB,MD,DO BLS, ACLS,<2 years Post NYSC
Medical Officer 2 – B4 – MBBS,MbChB,MD,DO, BLS, ACLS, 2-5 years Post NYSC
Medical Officer 3 – C1 – MBBS,MbChB,MD,DO, BLS, ACLS, >5 years Post NYSC Or Additional Skills: Basic Ultrasound, IUD insertions, Collection of PAP Smear, ECG interpretation
Annual Salary Ranges
Lower Limit – Mid-Point – Upper Limit
B4 2,340,230.40 – 3,292,939.18 – 4,633,496.12
C1 3,836,308.00 – 4,406,712.02 – 5,061,926.93
Who we are
EHA Clinics is a world-class comprehensive health care service provider located in Nigeria. We aim to bridge the gap between patients and healthcare services in any setting: the clinic, the home, or through innovative online and mobile solutions. All of our clinics are equipped with the latest healthcare technologies, and the most dedicated team of healthcare professionals, providing a unique range of patient-centric services.
We are on a mission to deliver quality health care that is accessible, effective, and affordable. By leveraging technology and an exceptional team, we provide a superior experience, improved outcomes, and reduced pricing for our individual, family, and business members.
- Medical Services
- Research and Informatics
- Laboratory & Diagnostics
- Community Health (REACH Program)
- Telehealth and Telemedicine
EHA Clinics Kano is the first primary healthcare clinic in Subsaharan Africa to be accredited by JCI for ambulatory care. And its laboratory has been awarded the ISO certification by SANAS ISO 15189/2012.
Purpose of the position
The Medical Doctor will perform a range of functions including but not limited to; initial history taking, clinical assessments, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of care. S/he must demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process, especially in assessing and diagnosing patients, leading to the delivery of safe care for all patients. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the healthcare team and the Management Team to meet the needs of the patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures.
The Medical Doctor will also review and act appropriately on blood results and referrals/correspondence regarding patients. In addition, S/he will be expected to occasionally carry out some home visits to patients registered on the Membership Scheme.
What you’ll do
The Medical Doctor will support EHA Clinics department predominantly to:
- Participate in all treatment and preventative healthcare services as delegated and agreed upon by the supervising Practice Manager(s).
- Provide direct clinical care to patients using established clinical guidelines.
- Interview patients, take medical histories, perform physical examinations, analyze, diagnose and explain medical problems during surgery consultations and home visits.
- Consult, recommend and explain appropriate diagnostic tests and treatment.
- Request and interpret the results of laboratory investigations when necessary.
- Perform specialized diagnostic physical exams and treatment procedures.
- Instruct and educate patients in preventative health care.
- Conduct telephone consultations which may involve discussing results and implications of laboratory investigations with patients as well as dealing appropriately with routine and emergency complaints.
- Order laboratory tests as required and agreed under supervising Medical Director.
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and complete all required paperwork for legal and administrative purposes.
- Contribute to clinical development by developing a special interest and help to establish appropriate systems to manage common chronic medical conditions, ensuring compliance with approved standard treatment guidelines.
- Participate fully in the clinicians’ duty rota including the provision of home visits when appropriate.
- Formulate diagnosis and treatment plans, in consultation with or referring to Supervising doctor(s) as appropriate.
- Give clinical instructions to the nursing staff and other clinical care teams as required.
- Communicate when necessary with colleagues in Clinical care and hospital specialists in order to discuss or refer specific patients, plan and coordinate activities, or exchange information in order to improve the quality of patient care.
- Deal regularly with community hospitals, consultants, and other health care providers, insurance companies, and other community organizations to refer/consult on specific cases, participate in community service and education projects and activities.
- Assist in clinical instruction and supervision of medical and nursing staff as well as other interns/student doctors that may periodically be attached to the clinics, including the educational development and mentoring of these individuals.
- Support clinical research and efforts within the EHA Clinics leading to the publication of papers.
- Attend regular educational meetings organized by the practice in order to update clinical knowledge, practice policy and guidelines, and disseminate other useful information relevant to the provision of adequate healthcare for patients in order to discuss in a bid to learn from recent significant events relating to clinical practice occurring within the clinics.
- Regularly reflect on own practice (and keep a record of learning encounters) in order to identify learning needs and encourage self-directed lifelong learning and continued professional development.
- Send and receive written information on behalf of the clinic regarding matters of insurance and other issues relating to the physical and social welfare of patients.
EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD). The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with the improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Degree In Medicine – Minimum qualification of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in any Global, National, or State recognized University and conforming to the guidelines as set out by the Medical and Dental Association of Nigeria.
- Completion of compulsory internship and national service or exemption
- Up-to-date registration and license from the MDCN
Key Skills and Attributes
- Hold Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge and skills to provide vaccination.
- Knowledge and skills to perform minor trauma care including suturing, plaster casting, I&D, debridement etc.
- Knowledge and skills to stabilize trauma patients prior to transport to a higher level of care.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. EHA Clinics is a tobacco-free environment.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Healthcare: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to four (4) children under 21 years of age, or parents who are dependents of the employee (a total of 6 enrollees including the Primary) and supplemental health care coverage up to a cumulative maximum of N3,000,000 per household (a total of 6 enrollees including the Primary) in any twelve (12) calendar months.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for team members. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon the successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days of paid annual leave (based on full-time work schedule).
For EHA Clinics Jobs In Abuja, view similar job below.