The Medical/Scientific Manager is a strategic partner of the Affiliate business, a Scientific/Medical expert and citizen of the Medical Affairs Network. Disease areas(DA) in focus – Haemato – Oncology, Neurosciences
1- Strategic partner within integrated ecosystem strategy
- Integrates insights and data from the healthcare ecosystem, and connects them with Roche strategic imperatives to bring innovation to our patients, by being an active partner in the definition and implementation of strategic roadmaps particularly at the Affiliate level.
2- Medical/Scientific Expert
- Maintains and provides internally and externally adequate scientific and clinical expertise in assigned disease area(DA) and the patient journey, including pipeline products, diagnostics and digital healthcare solutions as applicable
3- Evidence Generation
- As a member of the Medical Affairs Network for Evidence Generation (MANEGe), has a key role in the process of evidence generation (EG), particularly identifying and communicating potential evidence gaps and EG needs, and prioritization within the DA team, to support data generation plans
4- License to Operate
- Ensures the highest ethical, scientific and quality standards, patients’ safety and safeguarding Roche’s reputation
5- Working in networks
- Lead the connection and leveraging of Roche resources from across the Global Organization to fully harness our potential to improve patient outcomes
Capabilities, Mindsets & Behaviours
- Leadership skills – Visionary, Architect,Catalyst, Coach
- Enabler mindset
- Growth mindset
- Value Creation mindset
- Able to focus and prioritize in uncertain and changing environments, operational efficiency in managing multiple projects
Skills and knowledge
- Good understanding of the healthcare system environment, including health care policy, the reimbursement environment and health technology assessment environment
- Robust understanding of pharmaceutical drug development, medical affairs strategies and tactics including clinical research and main industry medical compliance processes
- Dedicated DA and product, competition knowledge. Understanding of fast paced, highly competitive market dynamics
- Strong data comprehension, critical appraisal, synthesis interpretation and delivery of data/information skills
- Evidence generation and GxP knowledge
- Scientific and Publication management
- Good understanding and interest of state of the art and trends of digital health.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Language: Fluent in oral and written English
You hold an MBBS degree Or equivalent, Post graduate degree will be an advantage
Clinical expertise in DA is appreciated.
Experience within a Medical Affairs role in Pharmaceutical, Diagnostics, Health Sciences or Biotechnology is preferred, as well as prior experience in the disease area.
Expanded Responsibilities / Roles
- Market Research and Patient Support Programmes Lead (“MAP Lead” Role)
- Affiliate Publication Responsible (APR) and Medical writing specialist
- Medical Information (MI) Accountable
- Local responsible for medical clearing process
- Local Pre-Approval Access program Coordinator
- Network Navigator Hat
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.