JOB POSITION: Site Doctor
LOCATION: Agbara, Ogun State
- Delivery of Medical and Occupational Health (MOH) service in line with national policies, local service level agreements and in conjunction with Company Medical Advisor
- Ensure that employees are screened (pre-placement) by overseeing the process and / or undertaking assessment activities.
- Identify any implications for employment and provide them with relevant health information for their role.
- Manage the delivery of health surveillance and screening programmes.
- Collate and analyze statistics.
- Make decisions in relation to medical consultations, external referrals, and follow-up.
- Provide professional Occupational Health (OH) advice.
- Management of site OH records
- Advise and support delivery of emergency services.
- Advise on risk-based assessments to develop safe working practices and prevent ill health:
- Adopt a proactive approach to anticipating, managing, and improving OH involvement in issues such as ergonomics, workplace procurement etc.
- Provide and oversee work-related health information, instruction, and training.
- Participate within, and advise upon, positive attendance management strategies and activities including sickness absence, rehabilitation, and temporary redeployment.
- Investigate work-related ill health and advise on corrective actions/solutions.
- Develop strong working partnerships with other allied and non-allied groups such as Physiotherapist, Occupational Hygienist, Safety personnel, Human Resources etc.
- Co-ordinate and/or deliver health promotion activities and advice where appropriate.
- Work with Company Medical Advisor to ensure agreed HMO service delivery.
- Oversee usage of medical supplies and consumables in site clinic.
Key Skills Required
- Registered Medical Practitioner
- A minimum of 2 years Occupational Health experience
- An understanding of current Health and Safety Legislation
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A team player able to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- A customer-focused, positive approach to work
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities
- IT literacy (word, excel, power-point and outlook preferred)
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development Evidence of payment of current Annual practicing license.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.