- Clerking of newly admitted patients upon arrival in the wards.
- Informing the Consultants about new patient admissions as soon as possible.
- Ensuring investigations are promptly carried out, test results are available at the earliest possible time, and the managing Consultant is informed of results, as soon as possible.
- Immediate implementation of patient follow-up plans made out during the ward rounds.
- Prompt review of admitted cases upon any changes in their clinical condition, and communication with the managing Consultant.
- Drafting of medical reports.
- Stabilization of clinical emergencies pending review by the Consultant in the emergency room.
- Ambulance Emergency response.
- Attending to Health Screening patients/drafting of the health screen report at the outpatient department.
- Patient consultations, as needed.
- Administration of intravenous drugs prescribed at the patient clinic.
- Drafting of Discharge report.
- Preparing Invoice reports.
- Getting pre-authorisation (Guarantee of payment) for in-patient cases.
To assist clinical colleagues as appropriately directed.