KINGS COMMERCIAL SERVICES
Are you looking for a new, exciting and challenging opportunity to expand your portfolio of expertise? We would like to invite an experienced Chief Operating Officer to lead our ground breaking healthcare facility in Nigeria, West Africa!
African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) has announced the commencement of its African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) project in Abuja, Nigeria. It will provide excellent healthcare to both low and high-income patient groups across the continent. The AMCE in Partnership with King’s College Hospital London will be located in Abuja, which is a hub for travel in Nigeria and West Africa, enabling it to attract patients across the region.
The Chief Operating Officer will provide visible operational leadership of the AMCE both internally and externally, pursuing the ambitious strategy to deliver the very best in healthcare to the local communities and beyond. Ensuring that the organisation is best placed to deliver the highest quality of care, meeting the expectations of patients, carers, commissioners and the wider system.
The Ideal Candidate
The Chief Operating Officer will lead the Centre’s operational delivery, ensuring the delivery of high quality, cost effective services that are innovative and responsive to the needs of patients.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Executive Director of Responsibilities for all aspects of service delivery within the AMCE.
- Ensures that services are safe, responsive, cost effective and are delivered in a way which is compliant with Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA) and the Federal Ministry of Health (FMH).
- Provide exemplary and visible leadership to our workforce, leading by example and ensuring the highest professional standards are maintained and delivered.
- Promotes excellence in all areas of the AMCE and is innovative in seeking to continually improve the service both locally, nationally and internationally.
- Champion the leadership and organisational development of clinicians and managers to enable them to achieve their full potential.
- Empower and support the senior operational teams to embrace devolved ways of accountable working and earned autonomy whilst ensuing compliance with AMCE’s system governance and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree, professional qualification or equivalent
- Extensive experience in an operational leadership role within a complex acute healthcare environment working at board level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of leading and effectively managing change in a large complex environments and delivering culture shift
- Appropriate related training and personal development to commensurate with a very senior management post
- Accommodation Allowance
- Annual Flight allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Health insurance
- Indemnity insurance
- Exclusive Memberships
Potential applicants must have passion and drive to ensure that the AMCE, Abuja aspires to the same standards King’s College Hospital is renowned for.
If you feel you are suitable for this role and the prospects of joining a truly ground breaking facility excites you, please apply!