Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Hospital: Paediatric Partners
We are looking for an experienced Hospital Administrator to run our medical facility.
To be successful in this role, you should have a deep understanding of all administrative hospital procedures, from creating work schedules and communicating with doctors to budgeting and maintaining supplies stock. You will use your organizational and leadership skills to supervise employees and ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for making sure our hospital operations run smoothly.
- Supervise daily administrative operations
- Monitor expenses and suggest cost-effective alternatives
- Create quarterly and annual budgets
- Develop and implement effective policies for all operational procedures
- Prepare work schedules
- Maintain organized medical and employee records
- Monitor administrative staff’s performance
- Train new employees
- Ensure prompt ordering and stocking of medical and office supplies.
- Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are made on time.
- Answer inquiries from doctors, nurses, and healthcare staff
- Resolve potential issues with patients
- Stay up-to-date with healthcare regulations
- Serve as a liaison among governing boards, medical staff, and department managers.
- Oversee the development and implementation of programs and policies for patient services, quality assurance, public relations, and department activities.
- Assist with recruitment, consenting, screening, and enrolment of personnel.
- Oversee complete timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Hospital Administrator, or similar role. At least 3 years of experience at a healthcare facility in a hospital administrator role.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital industry
- Hands-on experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems and MS Excel
- Solid understanding of healthcare procedures and regulations
- Basic accounting skills
- Familiarity with medical transcription
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to supervise and train team members
- Problem-solving attitude
- BS degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or any relevant field
- Current Healthcare Professional Certificates/Licences (essential).
- Good knowledge of medical terminology.
- Critical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Great attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Superb organizational, administrative, and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and relational skills.
- Passionate about clinical excellence.
Interested candidates should please forward their CV to email@example.com with the title “Application as Hospital Administrator.”