The MDCN is the body that regulate everything about medical practice in Nigeria. And this encompasses both the training of medical students and graduate doctors, and the actual practice of doctors.
They are involved in accrediting medical schools, and medical training institutions, accreditation of hospitals both privately owned and government owned, assessment examination (foreign trained doctors), issuing and renwal of medical licenses, and many other exercises that ensures that medical education and practice in Nigeria is on a good standard.
One way for the MDCN to record all doctors and training institutions is through the MDCN portal. With the MDCN portal, the medical doctors and institutions can easily input their qualifications and have their records with the MDCN.
For new doctors, they will have to register in the MDCN portal to have their record with the MDCN.
The steps below will show you how to register with MDCN as a new doctor in Nigeria.
How To Register As A New Doctor On The MDCN Portal
STEPS TO CREATE ACCOUNT AS A NEW DOCTOR ON THE MDCN PORTAL.
- Go to: www.mdcn.gov.ng
- Click on ‘create account’ from the main menu.
- Click the button under ‘Doctor Access’ then click ‘Create new account’ under the login form. or Click ‘Register’ link on top right corner of the page.
- Click the button under ‘New Doctor Account’
- Fill the Registration Form. Folio number can be obtained from the assigned folio number document attached as link.
- Click the “Create Account” button. After successful account creation, you will receive a ‘signup email’ containing login details that cannot be used successfully until a ‘signup approval’ email is received from the MDCN in about 48 business hours.
- Login at https://portal.mdcn.gov.ng with the received details, update your records and make payments.
Note: Foreign trained graduates register under ‘Foreign Provisional Registration’ as sub Provisional Registration Type
The required payments are:
a. Registration fees – N191,500.00
b. Insurance Indemnity – N15,000.00
c. NMA Building levy – N20,000.00
For more enquiries, contact the MDCN through: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mr. Ahi on:
07030775990, or Mr. Usman on: 08062329274 or Rachel on: 09058010145
All Registration formalities and payments MUST be completed before the INDUCTION day.
Non registered candidates will not participate in Oath taking ceremony.