Do you have expertise in, and passion for science working with private and public healthcare? Would you like to join a fast-expanding team? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven Biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR NIGERIA COMMERCIAL TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We believe in employing and retaining a diverse and Inclusive team of forward-looking professionals who are keen and committed to business and personal growth.
You will be joining a highly effective and collaborative team of learners and achievers. Our team drives scientific leadership in select accounts, they lead and optimize stakeholder relationships and are very knowledgeable on both national and account level health strategies/legislations that shape the Pharma environment.
We play to win and we are helping to maintain AstraZeneca reputation by acting compliantly. Ours is a place of team spirit, trust and empowerment, that both supports and frees us to apply creative and imaginative thinking in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do?
The successful applicant will be part of a new and exciting team that will be at the forefront of Oncology leadership in Nigeria.
You will positively influence customers’ prescribing behavior to achieve sales targets. Develop territory and build strong customer relationships with the objective of maximizing sales volume and market share of designated products on a given territory.
If you believe in putting patients first, setting the standard for excellence and understand the best work is done together, you could be a good fit.
Some areas of focus for this role will include:
- Effectively implement sales strategy and tactics, plan of action (POA) in accordance with company policies.
- Regularly monitor territory’s sales performance versus budget.
- Facilitate enlistment of newly launched and key products in hospitals and clinics by planned date.
- Engage primary care healthcare professionals in dialogue about approved indications and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
Territory Business Planning
- Work with Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to meet or exceed sales and call execution goals in territory.
- Drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed markets information relative to assigned sales territory.
- Conduct analysis of market/ competitors to identify territory business opportunities.
- Analyze results and implement corrective actions.
- Organize and animate professional communication actions (professional meetings, continuing medical training, university, congress).
- Develop territory Business Plan based on POA and allocate resources (e.g. call activities, budget), for optimal sales impact.
- Monitor territory business plan to ensure resources are directed to customer of greatest potential.
- Participate in promotional activity programmes to increase product awareness in the market.
Customer Focus and Service
- Comply with all regulations regarding interactions with healthcare professionals, distribution of samples, etc.
- Update territory customer segmentation classification, database and call records continuously.
- Deliver key promotional messages within approved detail aids and in line with POA.
- Build trust and credibility with customers by demonstrating professionalism acting within the AZ Code of Conduct.
- Explore and expand new customer base in line with SFE guidelines.
- Submit monthly reports commenting on deviations from Business Plan and intended actions to align performance with objectives.
- Ensure punctual delivery of reports / daily synchronization on Veeva.
If this sounds appealing, please read on to understand the experience and skills we’re looking for…
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
- Registered Pharmacist (B. Pharm/PharmD) or 1st Degree in Basic Sciences.
- 2-4 years’ experience as a Sales Representative within the Pharmaceutical environment.
- Existing Relationships with KOL’s in the Oncology therapeutic area.
- Indicate territory experience/coverage i.e. Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Previous experience with facilitating and organizing meetings.
- Proven sales and customer success record.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the therapeutic area
- A Valid driver’s license
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Join the fastest growing pharmaceutical in our markets, set up to fuel further growth. Be part of our shared ambition and pride: our strong heritage, our turnaround story, and early investment and commitment in International markets. There’s no better place to feel inspired and energized.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Click the link to apply no later than 07 December 2021 and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Close Date: 07/12/2021