Identifying Job Information
JOB TITLE: (Title reflected Pfizer Org Chart)
Regulatory Affairs Administrator
REPORTS TO: (Manager Title)
Cluster Regulatory Lead, Sub-Saharan Africa
Global Product Development (GPD)
Global Regulatory Affairs (GRA) International, Africa Middle East
GRA -International, Sub Saharan Africa
LOCATION(S): (indicate Pfizer locations)
Summarize the primary purpose & key accountabilities of the job.
The provision of administrative support to the country-based regulatory affairs team, reporting to the Cluster Regulatory Lead
Indicate the primary responsibilities critical to the job.
- Answering telephones professionally and promptly.
- Mail/information distributed correctly and promptly within the department.
- Typing required documents accurately e.g. meeting minutes.
- Replying to correspondence and information requests appropriately as required.
- Managing the courier requirements of documentation and keeping required records.
- Stationary: order departmental stationery as and when required.
- Reporting office equipment faults timeously and following up until resolved.
- Collation of leave forms and updating of departmental attendance register.
- Management of open office area and regulatory storerooms i.e. maintaining tracking lists and indexes of storerooms, liaising with required vendors for off-site archiving of documentation.
- Effective coordination of departmental and other meetings.
Banking and finance co-ordination:
- Ensuring the process of requesting payments for regulatory authorities and other departmental payments according to company processes.
- Tracking and following up on payment progress and ensuring payment proofs are received and distributed timeously.
Regulatory Affairs Support:
- Correspondence management: receiving and logging correspondence to and from regulatory authorities according to defined company processes and distributing it as required.
- Management and maintenance of relevant files.
- Overseas and local travel arrangements for the regulatory affairs department.
- Ordering of required reference materials for the team.
- Ensuring the required processes flow smoothly within the department e.g. promotional materials.
- Assisting with annual contract reviews as required.
- Attend to any other responsibility that may be assigned by the Cluster lead or another in-country regulatory Manager.
Qualifications / Skills
Indicate qualifications and skills that are necessary for the performance of responsibilities including education, relevant experience, licenses, certifications, and other job-related technical and managerial skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent i.e. degree in Chemistry or related life sciences.
- 2 – 3 years of related experience
- Experience in Microsoft applications.
Establishes and maintains relationships to enable improved personal and team performance. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative and confident in interactions.
Able to work with individuals from cross-functional units and co-operate to get the job done.
Relates well to all levels of people inside and outside the organization. Build constructive and effective relationships, and uses diplomacy and tact.
Knowledgeable about how an organization operates and knows how to get things done through required channels. Willing to learn new things.
Strong quality and compliance orientation:
Has an understanding of regulatory compliance issues.
Able to build effective working relationships and deliver results. Ability to follow up on matters to complete them accordingly.
- Meticulous, accurate, and a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Planning and organization
- Strong writing skills and computer literacy
- Customer service orientation
- Inter-personal understanding
- Proactive/using initiative
- Honesty and consistency.
Provide the primary groups or key role(s) that this role will have interaction with as a regular part of the Job responsibilities. Include any external interactions as appropriate.
Reporting to Cluster Regulatory Lead SSA
Summary of resources managed.
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.