About Platos Health
Platos Health is a venture-backed digital therapeutics company focused on equality of opportunities in healthcare. Today, we are harnessing some of the latest scientific research in developing a new online care model for the prevention, monitoring, and reversal of chronic diseases such as Diabetes Mellitus. Tomorrow, we might be using personal health information and advanced analytics to recommend the best intervention for patients. The future is open.
As Program Manager, you will lead and manage the development of digitally-delivered, lifestyle medicine programs for the prevention, reversal, and monitoring of type 2 diabetes. The scope of your work will cover research, programme design & evaluation, and training activities for care delivery personnel.
An ideal candidate for this role is someone with professional competence to assess, research, and utilize scientific insights & expert knowledge in defining lifestyle medicine programs to prevent and reverse conditions such as type 2 diabetes. Your educational background could include but not limited to medicine, behavioral psychology, public health, or nutrition. This role requires knowledge, skills, and experience in clinical research, program management, cross-functional collaboration, and multi-stakeholder communication.
- Work with our science, medical, clinic, & product design team to design a risk-assessed, commercially viable programme for the reversal of T2DM
- Conduct primary and secondary research to understand patient journey, identify cultural practices relating to diet and exercise, and socioeconomic status of customers,
- Benchmark roles of different stakeholders in existing standard of care to inform Zest’s outcome-focused model
- Evaluate Zest platform for effective delivery of different programmes and identify gaps for effective program delivery
- Collaborate with product design team to bring people-centred approach to understanding and designing an efficacious and safe product for our customers
- Work with medical & clinical team to define patient assessment methods, frequency, & eligibility for our programs
- Coordinate the definition of the different components of our lifestyle intervention programs including nutrition science, sleep, activity & use of behaviour techniques for new habit formation
- Define roles and collaborate with other expert in training medical professionals for effective program delivery
- Define population and patient-level milestones, outcomes, and measures of success for Zest customers & Zest programs
- Perform risk-assessment of Zest from multiple perspectives including but not limited to safety, privacy & security and ensure compliance and oversight with appropriate bodies and practices
- Setup monitoring & evaluation framework to monitor customer progress, gather feedback, and improve the Zest programs
- Higher level educational background in biomedical sciences;
- 5+ Years proven experience working in health program management, public health, behavior science and clinical research;
- Demonstrated experience owning end-to-end program management and collaborating with cross functional teams of experts;
- Strong research, analytical, and ability to use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform design and evaluation of Zest programs;
- You know the biology of metabolic and endocrine-related conditions such as diabetes and are aware of lifestyle-based intervention in addressing their root causes;
- You can quickly develop to deploy and use experimentation to iterate your work;
- You stand a better chance if you have worked or know something about digital therapeutics, Software-as-a-medical device and other latest development in digital health
- You are excited about what we do and keen to play a frontal role in achieving the mission;
- You are curious or passionate about working in a technology-oriented and agile work environment – you can use computer and mobile applications;
- You are driven, hard-working and uncompromising in delivering high quality work in tight timelines;
- You have a proven track record of earning trust, taking ownership, and successfully delivering results.
What we offer
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to pionering an alternative healthcare solution in the fast growing health technology sector of Africa;
- We believe in responsibility and ownership, so we will offer you the space and resources to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working alongside very talented colleagues that know what they are doing;
- While we work together, we also celebrate our success together. With every target we make and milestones reached, we celebrate!
- Negotiable gross monthly salary subject to experience level.
- Diverse range of benefits you can qualify for as you grow with us.
- A diverse and collaborative work environment committed to self-learning and professional development.