Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency/trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Below
Job Title: Head of Laboratory
Job Ref: HR-JD-26
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Custodian: Chief Executive Officer
Hierarchy: Reports to the Hospital Manager
Purpose of the Role
- The Head of Laboratory is responsible for the planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of the Laboratory Department.
- He/she will use the laboratory equipment to study and analyze various samples and specimens, to search for abnormalities and determine their causes, while maintaining lab safety protocols and documenting findings in lab systems.
- You will perform complex tests on patient samples using sophisticated laboratory equipment, executing standardized tests such as bacteriological, chemical, and microscopic examination and obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Establishing quality assurance programs to monitor and ensure the accuracy of test results.
Key Performance Areas
- In this role, you will supervise and manage other laboratory staff including scientists and technicians.
- You will lead the laboratory team to deliver laboratory managerial services to support accurate medical diagnoses and the well-being of our patients.
- Verifies the test procedures performed and establishes laboratory test performance characteristics, including the precision and accuracy of each test
- Maintain quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced troubleshooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Review logs and registers to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Writes and implements Policies and Procedures (SOP) that pertain to Laboratory testing and issues.
- Setup and maintain the Lab Information Management System for specimen tracking, entering results, and reporting.
- Prepare laboratory staff duty schedule.
- Manage the External Quality Assurance programs
- Assist in the introduction of new initiatives and technologies.
- Prepare laboratory performance and quality reports for the hospital manager to review.
- Liaise with the software team to integrate laboratory machines with LIMS/other software.
- Maintains patient’s confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Maintains Inventory and is responsible for the ordering and procurement of laboratory equipment and supplies
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
N.B: This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the Company’s organizational needs change.
Education, Certification And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- 3+ years proven experience as a Laboratory Scientist managerial experience in a medical laboratory.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
- The candidate must possess a current practising license from the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN)
- Profile Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with a large team
- Additional training and experience in laboratory quality management systems.
- Able to work efficiently under time constraints
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Experience in molecular laboratory testing
- Computer knowledge is mandatory
- Ability to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
Seniority level: Director
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management Health, Wellness and Fitness Hospital & Health Care
Employment type: Full-time
Job functions: Research Analyst Information Technology
To Apply, Intending candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email.