Site Name: Nigeria – Lagos – Ilupeju
Posted Date: Jul 14 2022
Are you looking for a brand management role that allows you the opportunity to shape promotional effectiveness? If so, this Marketing Activation Manager role could be an ideal position to explore.
As a Marketing Activation Manager, you will be responsible for developing the growth strategy of the Nigeria business for assigned brands through adaptation and adoption of global category and brand strategies. You will also partner with Category & Area marketing teams to deliver winning marketing and innovation plans for the market based on actionable commercial, competitor and consumer insight to drive brand share and equity ahead of competition and be accountable for brand performance tracking for assigned portfolios and recommending remedial action.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Preparing and managing Business Plan, Annual A&P Budget and Communication / Media Plan with P&L responsibility.
- Develop winning Annual Brand Plans (ABPs) in the context of the consumer, expert, trade and competitive set. Output clear local activation calendars to be deployed to attain growth priorities in sales and shares.
- Determining and managing product launches and relaunches, monitoring the brands’ sales performance and market share through the whole year.
- Preparing an annual situational analysis to identify Drivers of Growth or a Pre-Launch Plan and developing a plan to deliver Drivers of Growth/Pre-Launch Plan in line with the Brand Ambition in order to reach sales and value share goals.
- Execute in-market new product launches brilliantly leveraging Area launch models with local adaptation where needed.
- Model GSK values & behaviors and compliance with all GSK codes of practice
- Executing consumer and market researches for in depth consumer understanding; analyzing and evaluating the results and transforming the outcomes into strategies &actions.
- Implementing action plan by tracking brand performance and monitoring market dynamics and competitor activities by reviewing and analyzing IMS, Nielsen Retail Audit, SOV data and Monthly Sales Reviews.
- Leading creative, media, PR and digital agencies through marketing strategies.
- University degree
- Experience in Brand Management
- FMCG experience is an advantage
- Strategic thinker
- Communication Evaluation & Development
- Financial Planning and P&L Approach
- Measuring & Tracking
- Ability to Influence
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.